Hoping for Spring

Three of our pear trees have been blooming and the other day I thought I’d go out and snap some pictures of it. In the days when I was only a nature photographer, I used to hunt down every single tree or flower I could find with blossoms. My subjects now are mainly people, and while I love portraits, it’s always fun to shoot pure flowers now and again.

Spring is definitely coming to Asheville. The last week of February gave us a summer teaser of days that were 70 and sunny – now we want more! Even 50 seems cold now. However, it appears to be warming up and hopefully this week is the end of cold weather. Our rainy season has already started as well! I’m looking forward to getting out on the sunny days and shooting near beautiful trees like these. Last year at this time, I had the opportunity to shoot Caroline’s portraits in front of some gorgeous white trees.  Once the weather warms up a bit, I can’t wait to get out with my camera again with my seniors. Until then, flowering trees will have to suffice.

12 thoughts on “Hoping for Spring

1. Hannah E.S says:

How beautiful, I love those flowers! They look like cherry trees, only white instead of pink. By the way, cherry blossoms roses are my favorite flowers! What are yours, Aria?

• Aria says:

Yeah, you’re right! Ooh, pretty! I’m not really sure what my favorite flowers are – I really love these white and blue ones, but I’m not sure what they are.
      Basically any white flower, haha! Thanks for commenting, Hannah!

2. Sassafras says:

Ooh, these pictures are so bright and cheery! I love pear blossoms–we have a couple of flowering pear trees–and I like to take pictures of them. At what time of day did you take these photos?

3. Uncle Ray & Aunt Robin says:

These shots are beautiful. I’m a bit envious. As I look out my window, snow is falling–hopefully the last of it until spring reluctantly creeps in our way. We’ll be heading your way to enjoy these lovely sights in person a few weeks from now. See you soon!

• Aria says:

Awww, thanks! Oh dear! I actually woke up to a bit of snow on the ground this morning. So ready for full-fledged spring! See you soon, Aunt Robin! Love you!

4. Allison says:

Oh my goodness, these photos are absolutely GORGEOUS, Aria! I loved them all, but my favorite might be the second. :) I can’t wait for spring either!