Here’s a post I’ve never done before! Music! Yesterday I downloaded some new music on my iPhone. I really, really like some of it so I thought I’d talk about my favorites. Some of this is new, some of it is old. Just a bunch of tracks I really like and wanted to share with you!
1. The Phantom of the Opera by VoicePlay. I really like a cappella music, and when my aunt downloaded this version I loved it! It’s really good. Check it out on Amazon (sorry I can’t link to a video!)
2. Nella Fantasia by Sarah Brightman. Having preformed this before, I love listening to different adaptions of it, and I consider Sarah Brightman’s to be one of the best! Check it out here.
3. I must also say that her version of Lascia Ch’io Pianga is a very beautiful song as well. I’m learning this right now, and it’s such a gorgeous, tragic piece! Here on Amazon.
4. Be Our Guest from Disney’s Beauty and the Beast. Having being told by my choir directer that we will be preforming this for the Pops Concert in May, I decided to download the song as I have never listened to nor watched Beauty and the Beast. (What, it’s ANIMATED!) I was quite pleased! If you’ve never heard it before, find it here.
5. The Sun Whose Rays Are All Ablaze from the Mikado. The Sun Whose Rays is an aria from a Gilbert and Sullivan operetta. I learned the aria and found a very pretty recording of it! It’s such a cute piece and you should definitely listen to it. Here it is on Amazon.
6. The Stepsisters’ Lament from Cinderella. This piece is one of THE MOST hilarious girl duets EVER. My friend Caroline and I are learning it right now, and let me tell you, it’s a ton of fun! Listen to it here. Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to find the version I prefer online, as I have an old Cinderella CD, but this is the closest I could find.
7. The Magic Flute, K. 620, Act II, Scene 3: “Der Holle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen”. Okay, I know that’s a long title, but it’s a gorgeous aria from Mozart’s The Magic Flute. I originally wanted to learn this, but my voice teacher won’t let me yet. 😛 So I just listen to it. This is my favorite version of it that I found online.
So those are just a few of my favorite songs this week. Enjoy listening!