I’ve read many similar blog posts about “goals” for 2017, because there are many people who don’t like the word “resolution”. I don’t prefer one word over the other, but I’m choosing “goals” this year because resolutions have never seemed to work out for me.
This year, twenty-seventeen, is a big year for me. It’s a big birthday year – I’m turning a milestone age, I’m entering my senior year in the fall, (SENIOR YEAR. WAHT.) in September I will have studied violin for 12 years, and in general I just kind of feel like I’m growing up. (Isn’t that a telling point that you actually aren’t growing up – when you feel like you are? 😛 ) I’m sure as the year goes by there will be more things that will make it a BIG year, but already it just feels important. (In a year I’ll read this post and wonder how I could be so immature. Mark my words.)
I’ve got some big goals for this big year, and I even have a notebook for them. (Amazon needs a dash button for notebooks because I literally run out of them so quickly…)
- Read all the books on my reading list. Last year I did not complete the books on my list, and this year I’m determined to read this year’s list. I’ve got some pretty swell books on there and well, books. (Also, the reading list will be out soon, but I had to reverse posts because it’s taking forever to complete.)
- Start my photography business. Okay guys, here it is – a public announcement that I’m starting a photography business this year. I’m still trying to find a name (if you have suggestions, do me a favor and comment, please?), but AGAAC (a girl and a cat) is getting shut down and I’m starting a business that I actually really really love doing. More on that later.
- Learn coding. I’m so horrible because I made this a goal so much last year and I just…didn’t. I really want to learn how to code websites but I had problems finding the time. I’ve got to prioritize!
- Please Aria, stay on a budget all year! This is another one that I have difficulties with, but as I get older, I find the need for better money management. I’ve got a budget all written out to follow, and this is a goal I really need to work towards.
- Get better in sewing. Sewing, like coding, is something I really want to learn how to do well, (especially since I bought six adorable vintage patterns this past Black Friday for $1 each!) and I’m setting a goal for 4 garments this year. I’d also like to be able to sew all on my own by the end of the year.
- Be better organized and prioritize. I’m always loosing stuff and I manage to waste time more often than I’d wish – and I have so many things to do that I need to prioritize in order to get stuff done!
- Read through the Bible. I try to read through the Bible each year, and it doesn’t always work out, but this year I have developed a system. Because there are 1,189 chapters in the Bible, I need to read about 3.5 per day.
And those are my goals for this year! What are some of your goals this year?