Moisturizer is one of the most important skincare product to use in the fall and winter. However, there are a lot of misconceptions. A lot of people think that they don’t need moisturizer because their skin is already so oily. FALSE! Your skin will create more oil if it is dry, and the oil that your skin creates is bad oil which will cause acne. Hydrating your skin with moisturizer will keep it from creating so much of the bad oil. And especially this time of year, when the dryness in the air is drying everything out! (However, it’s a great time for curly hair!)
Here’s what you can do to add moisture to your skin.
- Make a coconut oil sugar scrub. You can use this facial scrub three days a week in the shower. Take a cup of coconut oil and a cup of sugar and whip them together with a hand mixer. Done!
- You can make a DIY moisturizer by simply whipping coconut oil and a few drops of lavender essential oil. However, just coconut oil doesn’t set well on my skin, so I use a store-bought moisturizer.
- Here’s another DIY moisturizer which uses green tea and coconut oil.
- Here’s a cleansing oil for blackheads.
- I use this moisturizer from Yes To Tomatoes. I like it a lot and it works really well!